Although recently added to Bury & Co’s growing practice, our attorneys recognize Virginia’s long maritime history, and the industry’s need for quality representation within this field of law. Bury & Co’s maritime practice thus evolved from its established real estate practice, as our attorneys represent countless clients with legal issues relating to the riparian rights of their waterfront property along the Rappahannock River and Chesapeake Bay. Bury & Co’s maritime client base has since grown to encompass marina and pleasure boat owners – among others.
Our Services Including
- Riparian rights representation
- Port and marina property acquisitions
- Maritime tort and contract claims
- LHWCA and DBA compensation claims
- Advising on OPA and CWA claims
- Maritime liens, vessel arrests, and in rem actions