If it is not real property, it is personal property, subject to its own body of case law and statutes. At Bury & Co, our comprehensive understanding of property rights extends to the personal varietal as well. Consequently our experienced attorneys assist clients with any issue stemming from secured transactions, such as filing financial statements, as well as perfecting and enforcing liens to collateral pursuant to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code; we counsel clients on their rights to lost and mislaid property; we litigate disputes arising over contested gifts; we pursue and defend against damage claims from trespass to chattels and conversion; and we draft, review, and revise negotiable instruments pursuant to Article 3 of the Uniform Commercial Code – among other things.
Our Services Including
- Counseling clients on creditors’ rights
- Drafting collateral security agreements and fashioning collateral security instruments
- Filing financial statements
- Perfecting and enforcing liens on collateral
- Litigating personal property rights; including rights to lost and mislaid property, treasure troves, inter vivos gifts and gifts causa mortis, and damages from loss due to trespass to chattles and conversion
- Draft, review, revise, as well as defend against and enforce negotiable instruments